Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting to know us

Ricky and I met in July 2006 on board the USS Abraham Lincoln (the Love boat). After only a few weeks of dating we found out that I was pregnant. Since we had only met a few weeks prior I thought that I was going to be doing this alone. But to my surprise, Ricky was as excited as ever! When I first met him, I, in my heart, knew that he was going to be the one for me. He must have thought the same thing because 4 months later, we were married. Since I was in corps school and he was still on board the Lincoln. Our first year of marriage was spent apart. Between me finishing school, Ricky being deployed, and me flying home to Minnesota to give birth. Ricky was unable to be present at Kaleb's birth, and to this day I wish that I would have had him there. But, since I wasn't able to have him there, I made the best out of it and spent 4 weeks in MN and flew back to WA the week before I had to go back to work. Ricky met Kaleb for the first time July 28Th, 2006. He flew home from Hawaii at the end of his deployment to spend more time with us before he had to leave again. We have been blessed since then and haven't had to say good by to him and hopefully our days of that happening are over. Raising a child is the most rewarding things that one could possibly do in a life time. There have been good times and bad, mostly good though! Over the last few years, Ricky, Kaleb and I have been able to spend a lot of time together, and learning how to be the best parents we can be.

No comments: