Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The BIG day Kaleb and Firsts!

Today was Kaleb's first trip to the dentist. He was a little apprehensive at first when I opened the office door. So we read a book and within 5 minutes he was warmed up and was playing. Then it was time to go into the exam room. He was a little apprehensive again and when I picked him up he wanted to get down, only to run out of the room. Once the dentist came into the room, he looked at him like he was an alien. So we played with his mask for a minute, with his gloves and then it was time to look in his mouth. The dentist and I did this thing called a "knee to knee exam" which means that Kaleb sat on my lap facing me, and when he laid back his head was in the dentist's lap, and his and my knees met. As soon as he laid back, he started to cry. But that is a good thing since when he cries his mouth is open. He put some fluoride on his teeth, looked around with the mirror and explorer. He cried the whole time and tears ran down the sides of his face. But that was to be expected. Overall, he did great and we are so proud of him. Then I took him to school so I could get some school work done. Ricky picked him up on his way home and we went to see Kaleb's first movie in a movie theater. We saw "Horton hears a Who" which is a pretty good kid movie. Kaleb was amazed at first, then he got bored. Since we were the only ones in the theater Kaleb was entertained by playing in the rows. He watched the movie off and on but wasn't afraid of the larger than life characters. So Kaleb had a big day! One that will not be forgotten.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is so awesome, what a big boy he is... The dentist and a movie huh - I wish when I went to the dentist I got to see a movie afterwards. Love you and miss you guys!